Tuesday, May 3, 2011

{TuTu Tuesday} Pretty-in-AQUA

Today's featured TuTu is one my baby girl will be wearing to a wedding this weekend. Pink will always be pretty, but there is a new hue in town...AQUA!!!
Here is my little Princess (or Daddy's Little Princess as of late) getting tickles from her mommy in this photo by Patricia Bishop Photography. I just adore her facial expressions. This one is one of my favorites.
I enjoy making wearable TuTus for my girl in which she can look gorgeous but also have fun without feeling constrained. By this face, I'd say she's having a ball!

It is important to me that she is as comfortable as she looks cute. That is why I often make my wearable TuTus shorter and less overwhelming than average tutus. Photo prop TuTus and wearable TuTus have different uses and should be constructed differently.

This particular piece still has close to 100 yards of shimmer tulle mixed with soft matte fabric. I added length to give it a more sophisticated look fit for a wedding.

Big, fluffy TuTus are perfect for short photo shoots or playdates, but if you want your toddler to keep an outfit on for a long period of time, it's best to make comfort a priority.

xo
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment